Friday, September 17, 2010

this is the reason why I think japanese songs are the best

i seriously think that in terms of lyric writing, english, chinese, malay or korean songs just are not up to japanese standard. (i might be offending loads of ppl but this is MY blog so naturally MY opinions are unavoidable. xP)

below are a few of the songs which lyrics really touched my heart. This is the main reason why I fell in love with the japanese language and even went so far as to take lessons.

Of course, there are alot, alot more great songs with awesome lyrics out there no matter what language it's in. i even hv an english song sung by a korean artist in my collection below so that proved im not just bias. haha

--

MICHIYUKI-loveless

(This song is so simple, yet so depressing. The melody is so simple that you can memorize it just hearing it twice, yet it blends so well with the lyrics that it just tears your heart apart. i know some parts of the lyric makes no sense, but it's translated from japanese so to really feel the lyrics, GO LEARN JAP! xD)


setsunasa no kagiri made dakishimete mo
Even if you embrace me until it's suffocating
itsumade mo hitotsu ni wa narenakute
We will never become one
yasashisa yori fukai basho de
In a place deeper than gentleness
fureau no wa itami dake
Touching each other is merely pain
futari wo musunde kudasai
Please bind the two of us
 
bokura wa mou yume wo minai
We will dream no more
tomadoi nagara te wo totte
Joining hands in uncertainty
zankoku na yoake no hou he
Walking towards
arukidasu
The cruel dawn

hontou no kotoba wa kitto
True words are surely
hontou no sekai no dokoka
Somewhere in the true world
bokura no mukuchi na yoru ni
Lurking
Hisonderu
In our wordless night
ima mo kitto
Surely even now
 
sabishisa wo shiru tame ni deau no da to
Meeting each other in order to know loneliness
kuchidzuke wo kawasu made shiranakute
We won't know until we exchange a kiss
soredemo ima kimi to aeta
Even so, I am trembling with the joy
yorokobi ni furuete iru
Of having met you
kokoro wo sasaete kudasai
Please support my heart
 
bokura wa mou yume wo minai
We will dream no more
atatakai basho he nigenai
We can't run to a warm place
zankoku na yoake wo kitto
We will surely overcome
koete yuku
The cruel dawn
 
akirameteta sono shizukesa
The abandoned quietness
hontou no kotoba wo kitto
Will surely find
aishi kizutsuke au tame ni
The true words
Sagashidasu
In order to lovingly hurt each other
itsuka kitto
Someday surely

setsunasa no kagiri made dakishimete mo
Even if you embrace me until it's suffocating
itsumade mo hitotsu ni wa narenakute
We will never become one
yoake mae no tsumetai hoshi
O cold starts before dawn
futari dake no michiyuki wo
Please light
douka terashite kudasai
The path that's just for us
--

GLARING DREAM-gravitation soundtrack

(The first time i saw this anime, i was totally hooked on this song. i have no idea what they were singing coz i have yet to start my jap lesson but the melody just draws me in.
Then when one day I went to search for the english translation of this song, that's it. I have fallen totally and helplessly in love with it. the song, the melody, the lyrics, everything.)  


nigiyaka na hitogomi ni tokeru tsubuyaki ga

The whisper that dissolves into the bustling crowd
ashi moto ni chirabatta omoide nijimaseru

makes the memories scattered underfoot blur together

mayoi aruku machi no kagayaki wa

The blazing of the street where I walk about lost 
glaring one way kogo e sou na boku o terasu
(glaring one way) illuminates me as coldly as though it freezes.

tsumetai toki ga yume o furaseru kono te no naka wo suri nukete

The cold times make dreams fall like rain and slip through my hands
negai kazo e mezame ta toki ni yureru maboroshi ni kimi ga utsuru
When I woke up from the countless wishes, you are reflected in a shimmering illusion
boku o michibiku kasu kana shiruetto
the silhouette whose faint smile leads me along

nagasareru fuan dake o tsugeru yasashisa mo

Even if the gentleness that tells about only what makes anxiety flow
eien ni mita sareta ashita mo hoshi kunai
had fulfilled eternity, I still don't want tomorrow
 
kimi ni todoke ruhazuno kotoba wa 
The words that I have to give to you are 

it's talk to myself kage mo naku hibi ni ochiru

(it's talk to myself) falling into an everyday routine, even without shadows


furueru yubi de yume o kasaneru iki mo dekizuni kuzureteku

With a trembling finger, I gather up the dreams; without even breathing on them, they're crumbling

tashi kana koto futashi kasugite nani o shinji reba kimi ni aeru?

Even the certain things are too unreliable; if I believe in something, can I be with you again?
shiroku kieteku ano hi no shiruetto
It's whitely vanishing, the silhouette of that day


awaku somaru kisetsu o miageru

Looking up at that palely-dyed season 

Life Winter Dream tachi domaru boku o sarau
(Life Winter Dream) I, who stopped to stand still, am swept away

kaze ni kisareru torinoko sareru mune ni kaji kamu akogaremo

The wind blows it out, makes it be left behind; even the yearning is growing 

numb from the cold in my heart


tsumetai toki ga yume ni tadayou

The cold times drift about in dreams,

sono te no naka ni uketomete

but are caught and held in your hands

negai kazo e mezame ta toki ni

When I woke up from the countless wishes

yureru maboroshi ni kimi ga utsuru

you are reflected in a shimmering illusion

boku wo michibiku kasu kana shiruetto

the silhouette whose faint smile leads me along

--
cont on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment